This week my family went camping for a night in Volcano. We intended to spend a night in a tent, but when we arrived there was no tent camping due to high wind conditions. Unfazed we went to the Volcano House to see if they would re open the camp due to the lack of high winds at the time. They couldn't, however they did have a cabin available. We took it, as it was my daughters second camping trip and she wanted to go.
I remember camping during spring break and summer as a child growing up and have very fond memories of camping in Volcano. I am hoping that taking my daughter up there will keep that tradition alive. We hiked at bird park and behind the campsites, even though closed to high winds. She got to pick Ohelo berries and play in the forest. She had a great time and wants to go back. My wife had fun as well, I told her lets plan to go again early in the summer.


Sounds like fun! I've never gone camping before, but I've always wanted to. I'm hoping to maybe go during the summer with my family; my dad has told me a lot of stories about when he used to go camping when he was younger. Plus, I'm trying to make myself spend more time in the outdoors (I'm definitely more of the indoors type), and this seems like the perfect way. :)
ReplyDelete