Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Growing beans
My wife started some bean seeds that she got, I placed them in one of my grow beds about three weeks ago. They have just started to flower and are looking quite healthy. One plant is almost three feet tall. Bean plants "legumes" take a lot of nutrients out of the soil especially when they bear pods. I add compost created on our farm and chicken manure also from our farm to add to the grow bed every three months. In Hawaii due to the near year round summer conditions I get 3-4 grow seasons form most plants. I look forward to seeing what type of beans these plants will grow, I am guessing a thin type green bean since it is not a vine type bean plant. Either way I am sure that they will be delicious additions to lunches and dinner at our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment