Pages

Turkeys

Turkeys
A flock of turkeys in the goat paddock

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Coffee (Part One)







The first picking of coffee season is almost here peaking in the summer.  This year we have had a lot of rain so this year's harvest should be good.  Coffee in Hawaii is being attacked by a tiny beetle which I will feature next week. 
Now I am enjoying the Kona snow, the beautiful white flowers that cover the trees in the top photo bottom right.  The flowers bring cherries and then beans.  I am always excited to see coffee maturing, as I cannot wait to taste this year's crop and roast and mix to make the perfect cup of Kona coffee. 

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I didn't know that's how coffee is grown. I hope I get to witness this one day myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! It is my first time to see the coffee tree!!! thank you for the amazing pic!!!

    ReplyDelete